I am a consultant in Information Technology and Organisational Strategy.
The solid experience that I bring has been formed through over 23 years in information and communications technology (ICT) and 4 years in organisational strategy. With a further 14 years in Aviation Services. In recent times I have consulting in the futures, also called strategic thinking or strategic foresight, arena. I bring a wealth of knowledge, a focus on customer service, and a philosophy centred on business sensible outcomes such that I have become the trusted advisor to many organisations.
- ICT and Business Training
- ICT design & management
- Organisational & ICT strategy development & implementation
- Project Management
- Public Speaking
I have quite a breadth of understanding of business and information technology across a range of industry sectors. The solid outcomes that I have realised have been achieved in the context of a range of industries. The diversity of these economic sectors include aged care, education, finance, health, manufacturing, mining and not-for-profit.
For 10 years to the end of 2013 I was responsible for the entire computing & networking infrastructure for The Salvation Army in Vic, TAS, SA, NT & WA. Not only did I provide direct technical support, but also managed many projects and provided strategic advice across many of the Salvation Army business units and centres. I led international initiatives and presented on technical issues at conferences in Hong Kong, London & New Zealand.
During this time I held the position of director at Knox Community Health Service, including the chair of its ICT Committee and membership of the Strategy Committee.
For 4 years prior to his work at The Salvation Army, I provided general IT contract services to a range of private industry clients
Prior to my relocation to Melbourne, from Alice Springs, in1999, I was the Senior IT&T Project Officer for Centrelink, Area North. Through this role he focused on providing ICT guidance, an internal consultancy service if you will, on Electronic Service Delivery matters.
While I hold several qualifications, as outlined below, I am currently studying toward a Masters of Strategic Foresight.
- Master of Business Administration (Technology Management)
- Master of Business (International Business)
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
- ITIL v3 (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) Certification
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer
- PRINCE2 (PRojects In Controlled Environments) Certification
- TOGAF v9 (The Open Group Architecture Framework) Certification
- Association of Professional Futurists
- Australian Computer Society
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Golden Keys International Honour Society