I am a highly experienced IT professional & education consultant. My career spans a number of industry sectors at various organisational levels. With over 30 years in information technology, consulting and education the skills and knowledge I bring to situations has been further enhanced by my direct involvement in these sectors across the Asia Pacific, Europe and the Americas.
I consult, speak and teach in the areas of IT, leadership, strategic thinking and the future.
I hold Masters degrees in Business Administration (Technology Management), International Business, and Strategic Foresight. I’m also a member of the Australian Computer Society, the Association of Professional Futurists, Economic Development Australia and the Professional Speakers Association. I’m currently pursuing a PhD focused on the industries of the future.
- Design and delivery of adult education
- ICT design & management
- Project Management
- Public Speaking
I have quite a breadth of understanding of business and information technology across a range of industry sectors. The solid outcomes that I have realised have been achieved in the context of a range of industries. The diversity of these economic sectors include aged care, education, finance, health, manufacturing, mining and not-for-profit.
For 10 years to the end of 2013 I was responsible for the entire computing & networking infrastructure for The Salvation Army in Vic, TAS, SA, NT & WA. Not only did I provide direct technical support, but also managed many projects and provided strategic advice across many of the Salvation Army business units and centres. I led international initiatives and presented on technical issues at conferences in Hong Kong, London & New Zealand.
During this time I held the position of director at Knox Community Health Service, including the chair of its ICT Committee and membership of the Strategy Committee.
For 4 years prior to this work at The Salvation Army, I provided general IT contract services to a range of private industry clients.
In the years since my time at The Salvation Army I have consulted on IT as well as Futures related projects, designed and delivered adult education, and designed and delivered “Jobs of the Future” workshops to secondary schools.
Prior to my relocation to Melbourne, from Alice Springs, in1999, I was the Senior IT&T Project Officer for Centrelink, Area North. Through this role he focused on providing ICT guidance, an internal consultancy service if you will, on Electronic Service Delivery matters.
While I hold several qualifications, as outlined below, I am currently pursuing a PhD in the “Industries of the Future”.
- Master of Strategic Foresight
- Master of Business (International Business)
- Master of Business Administration (Technology Management)
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
- AWS Certified Cloud Computing Practitioner
- ITIL v3 (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) Certification
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer
- PRINCE2 (PRojects In Controlled Environments) Certification
- TOGAF v9 (The Open Group Architecture Framework) Certification
- Association of Professional Futurists
- Australian Computer Society
- Economic Development Australia
- Golden Keys International Honour Society
- Professional Speakers Association
- Toastmasters Australia